cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tazmon95 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Is there a way to Remove the Bar on Top of Every Visualization?

Hello all,

I'm hoping that I'm just missing the option somewhere but there's one thing that annoys me greatly with every visualization in PowerBI, the space wasted by the reserved bar on top of every visualization where the "Focus Mode" and "More Options" links are.  I think these should be on the same level as the title would go and then we won't need to waste the space in our layouts.  Any chance this ability already exits?

PowerBI Top Wasted Space.png

17 REPLIES 17
Super User
Super User

Re: Is there a way to Remove the Bar on Top of Every Visualization?

Click on visual, on left hand side, paintbrush, turn off Title?

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Sean Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@tazmon95 I completely agree - wastes a lot of space!!! You can never place on the very top of the page.

If its not on top of the page I end up overlapping with other visualizations to get them closer to each other

so I have room to fit more stuff on the page.

If you want create an Idea about this - I'll vote for this!

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi

tazmon95 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Smoupre,

I want the title bar but I want to put it against the top of the page, not have a blank bar taking up 25 units on top of every vizualization.  As Sean said, I end up overlapping many of my charts to conserve space but then there's the issue of which chart you are cliking on when their space overlaps.  I personally think the Title and the Focus and Menu buttons don't need their own lines and can be combined.

I'll create an idea for this if no one knows a way to do this already.

Sean Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@tazmon95 Yes absolutely true when you ovelap you end up selecting wrong visualizations.

You have to use from the Format tab => Send to Back / Bring to Front to be able to select the right Visualization.

You should definitely create an Idea but I just don't see them giving any priority to this any time soon (but you never know)

tazmon95 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @tazmon95,

I already reported this issue internally, will keep you updated once I get any updates.

Thanks,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mrsolomon Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for this! My manager just asked me to remove that wierd space above the visual - but - can't be done 

Highlighted
Shamatix Member

@Sean wrote:

@tazmon95 Yes absolutely true when you ovelap you end up selecting wrong visualizations.

You have to use from the Format tab => Send to Back / Bring to Front to be able to select the right Visualization.

You should definitely create an Idea but I just don't see them giving any priority to this any time soon (but you never know)

But as soon as you click on one of the elements that is in the back it brings it forward, so now when you want to uncheck the one above, it is the same problem once again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

With the March update it is now possible to hide the header when in Power BI Service (only view mode). But this option is set in PBI Desktop (always in edit mode).
But when it is hidden in PBI Service, I can no longer create a panel. Is there another way to pin the object to a panel when the header is hidden?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 56 members 1,084 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: