Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a search-input-function in BI?

In my data set, I have approx 100k products, but is there function who make it more easier to search for a certain product in a slicer? like filter or something that I can have in my deskop? (it works good in data section of course) but not in in deskop 😕

7 REPLIES 7
jitterbug777
Advocate II
Advocate II

@Greg_Deckler 

Does anyone know if these 2 text filter plugins For power BI, work on power BI Service?

• Text Filter by Microsoft
  • Smart Filter by OkViz

And if familiar with the SERVICE do plugins work on there or just in BI Desktop?

i`m also concerned that some companies and corporations wont accept plugins anyway.

I just wanted a search box on a page, that did a specific Field Item search (like a product) and changed the visuals on that page according to whats in the search box.

The slicer has a search function, but its not intuitive for an end user to know it is there (in editing view).

Creating a matrix one can isolate products individually and affect page filters, but if there are 10-100k elements (field items) in the matrix a search box would be better for me or end users who know what they are searching for.

The 2 available filter addons also only search for one word, not two like "this AND that", or "Bill Murray"

And they require a matrix anyway to show results, which I wont always want.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Just try this:

slicer.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak thank you for the link, but I don't think I have it?

Capture.PNG 

Hi @Anonymous ,

They are present in the appsource and you will have to import them:

1. Click on 3 dots(Get More Visuals) in visualization pane

20.PNG

2. Click on "Get more visuals"

21.PNG

3. Search the visualization name, press enter and click on Add

22.PNG

4. Click on Ok if any pop-up occurs and you will have the visualization available.

23.PNG

Same process goes for importing any the other visualisation as well

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there another way to do this?? beaucse I can't upload it to my server....... confidential stuff 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't maybe use some DAX for that?(thinking of some sort of simular python code or such...?)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.