Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ohene
Regular Visitor

Is there a maximum number of tables or objects you can import from db2?

Hi, i am extracting and transforming data from IBM db2 with Power BI Desktop. I realised that when i connect to my database, i do not get all tables in the DB. Also, there are a lot of views created in the DB, but i am unable to get any of them. Is this a limitation on the Power BI Desktop?

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Ohene,

You may specify SQL statement in the Advanced options.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@@@ 

i dont know if you understand what i am trying to say so let me put it clearer. What i am saying is that i am trying to load tables from DB using "Get Data" from the ribbon on Power BI Desktop. Now when i connect to my db, the number of tables that load up reach a maximum of 10000. i am saying that i have more than 10000 of such tables in my DB and the limitation prevents me from loading the particular tables that i would want to work with. Find screenshot below. The moment the count of tables reached 10000, it stopped and the expansion of tables did not include my desired tables. I am very new to Power BI so let me

know if there is something i am not doing right or if this is actually a limitation of Power BI.

bi forum.PNG

@Ohene,

There is already an idea, you may leave a comment and vote it up.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors