Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmbouffard
Frequent Visitor

Is there a decimal number slicer in in PowerBI?

I'm showing a collection of points on a map in PowerBI and I would like to filter them to show, for example, only points contained between latitude x and y.

I can do that using the filter panel by setting rules on my latitude so it shows only points with latitude greater than x and less than y. However, I'd like to use a visual component to do that. The "Advanced Time Slicer" from the Visuals Gallery seems to do something really similar to what I'd like to achieve however it works with date/time values only.

I think what I would need is a simple and generic slicer that can select a range within a set of decimal values. Is there any component in PowerBI to achieve this ?

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi jmbouffard,

Besides using the filter panel to set rule for your latitude, there is no built-in decimal number slicer or custom visual that could be used to filter latitude range.

To work around this issue, you can consider to create a new column defining different latitude range in your source and create a slicer based on this column.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jmbouffard Use time brush visual from custom visuals gallery.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ankitpatira How is that helpful? The time brush visual still expects a date.  

@ankitpatira The time brush visual tries to map my values into time format and I couldn't find any option to configure it diffrently. For example I tried a set of data with latitude values in decimal from 42.0 to 48.0 N and the component displayed years from 1942 to 1948 with months in between each year.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.