Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jshutters
Resolver I
Resolver I

Is there a better way to R-align text labels?

Is there a better way to R-align text labels?

My goal is to find visual(s) to display 2 text labels with the following conditions:

1. 2 texts (i.e. Acme Corp, Acct 123456) are right aligned, as shown in the screen shot below.
  2. They will have a different font size from each other (i.e. 20 and 14 pt)
  3. Their font family is Helvetica Neue (which I leverage a JSON file)
  4. The labels can fit nicely & look good in the report.
  5. The values are dynamic and come from the database.
  6. I use standard out of the box or certified PBI visuals.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Here's what I've tried and why it doesn't work:

1. Standard Card visuals don't offer R-alignment.
  2. A single table or matrix visual doesn't allow labels to have different font sizes
  3. Advance Card (certified from the library) ignores my JSON theme file with Helvetica Neue font.
  4. advanceCardE03760C5AB684758B56AA29F9E6C257B (suggested from another community post) isn't certified.
  5. 2 similar matrix visuals, one for each label, with Values-Show on rows, grid lines off, background off, etc... This ALMOST works for me, but it maintains a gap/spacing at the top that I can't get rid of, thus it doesn't fit nicely in the report.

How can I make this work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have a solution to my R-alignment challenge. Buttons!!! I use 2 blank buttons, and set the Button Text to be Conditional Formatting based upon fields from my data source. I turn off the Outline, Background, etc... so it blends in perfectly.

Screenshot_3.jpgScreenshot_4.jpg

The only short-coming is that the button's font family doesn't pickup the font family from my JSON file (Helvetica Neue), but I've heard Microsoft will fix this in the next few months. In the meantime, I'll use the standard Times New Roman.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jshutters 

I use standard card visual, i could select two card visuals and select "View"->"Align"->"Align right".

Capture8.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply, Maggie.  But that idea doesn't work, per item #1 above (standard cards don't R-align the data label).  While it is true that I can R-align the edges of multiple visuals, and it'll look good for the first database value (e.g. Acme Corp), the labels will be immediately out of alignment once the database values change (e.g. Joe's Co.).  See screen shot.  Any more ideas?

screen shot2.png

I have a solution to my R-alignment challenge. Buttons!!! I use 2 blank buttons, and set the Button Text to be Conditional Formatting based upon fields from my data source. I turn off the Outline, Background, etc... so it blends in perfectly.

Screenshot_3.jpgScreenshot_4.jpg

The only short-coming is that the button's font family doesn't pickup the font family from my JSON file (Helvetica Neue), but I've heard Microsoft will fix this in the next few months. In the meantime, I'll use the standard Times New Roman.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.