Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

I_Like_Pi
Resolver II
Resolver II

Is there a Form View Visual out there? - Newb

I have a Dashboard that is populating from a SharePoint List. The visuals for the status' and choice data are great but because there are memo fields in the List, displaying records is brutal. What is the best way to view the full records that include large memo fields? I thought the multi-row card but it doesn't present well. What I really want is a portrat view of each record, similar to a record form in excel. 

It essentially presents each record alone with the selected fields presented vertically and autofits the data either next to or below the heading. The scroll bar then navigates one record at a time like flipping through a book.

With such I would be able to click various visuals to filter down to the associated recards and then browse the details of those recards.   ReCards.. get it 😉

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes unfortunately PBI at least up till now has been pretty much exclusively about visualizing aggregated and summarized data!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

How about the Grid Custom Visual or the Strippets Browser

Thanks Sean, So far as I can tell this is the best solution available at the moment, and it is actually pretty awesome. I would still like to see a visual that allows me to display a single record in portrait view.

To make this work I did have to build some calculated columns to aggregate the text I wanted to present. In exploring this solution I discovered that PowerBI is truncating one of my memo fields from the SharePoint list. Now I am on to the next issue, but I will post a new query.

Thanks again,

They are both nice but dont quite get me there, or at least at first try. The grid doesn't wrap text and presents the records one row at a time so that doesn't fit what I am looking for. I will use it elsewhere though. The snippet looks better but it does not interact with the other visuals so those filters don't seem apply.

I will keep playing and see if I can get it to work.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes unfortunately PBI at least up till now has been pretty much exclusively about visualizing aggregated and summarized data!

Thanks Sean, I will check them out and let you know.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.