Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

spagad6263
Post Patron
Post Patron

Is there a Clear button to remove selections?

I have selected a few items on a page, which contains a few charts. Is there a way to quickly clear all the selections? I read someone says that I can use eraser, but I am not sure where the eraser is? Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ReneMoawad
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @spagad6263,

The Eraser is at the top right of each slicer

Screenshot 2022-09-13 143555.png

Also you can follow the below link to create a button that clear all the slicers

Clear all Slicers in Power BI

View solution in original post

Hello @spagad6263,

when you are using Power BI Desktop you need to use Ctrl+Click to trigger the button.

but when you publish the report to the web, it will work with just 1 Click without the Ctrl

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mithil83
Regular Visitor

Just wanted to check if your Slicer header option is enabled for your slicer or not:

mithil83_0-1709510157715.png

spagad6263
Post Patron
Post Patron

Please ignore my previous question, as I've found some info below. Thanks
When viewing the report in Power BI desktop you need to hold the CTRL key when you click the button. In the Power BI Service, i.e. where your report is published you will not need the CTRL key.

spagad6263
Post Patron
Post Patron

@ReneMoawad Hi I followed your suggested link, and create a button, which refers to the Clear bookmark. 

If I click the CLEAR button, nothing happens, and I have to use CTRL + Click to trigger the bookmark. Am I missing something here? Thanks

Hello @spagad6263,

when you are using Power BI Desktop you need to use Ctrl+Click to trigger the button.

but when you publish the report to the web, it will work with just 1 Click without the Ctrl

spagad6263
Post Patron
Post Patron

Thanks for the answer, though this is not quite what I want. I might use bookmark together with a Clear button for this purpose. Anyhow thanks for your reply

ReneMoawad
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @spagad6263,

The Eraser is at the top right of each slicer

Screenshot 2022-09-13 143555.png

Also you can follow the below link to create a button that clear all the slicers

Clear all Slicers in Power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.