Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hemingt
Helper V
Helper V

Is it possible to valid the Slicer input

Hello , is it possible to allow the only valid input data? for example, in the snapshot, only the data between 1903~1935 was allowed to input, other data was not accepted. Thank you! 360截图-161728656.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @hemingt ,

I already tried this.
As per my previous reply, If user input any dates out of range values. Power BI slicer will not be able to detect this.
But, once the user click on left or right slider , it will give min and max values available in slicer as per date variable.

Regards,
Amit

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

I don't know if it's possible but you might want to try this custom slicer

Untitled.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mussaenda@hemingt ,

I think, no need to use custom visual for this. Whatever slicer we have in Power BI desktop. We can use same slicer and change the orientation to horizontal.
2019-04-11 12_27_56-Show data - Power BI Desktop.png

If you use custom visual , it will slow down the page rendering in app.powerbi.com
Even some of the custom visual doesn't support export to PDF or Powerpoint, so for this need, you can simply use slicer present in Power BI desktop.

Dont forget to give Kudos when an answer is helpful or the solution

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks,
Amit

Hi @Anonymous @mussaenda 

thank you for your reply.

I really want the Slicer show as between,  the between style has two ways to adjust the range. One way is to adjust the slide, the other way is to input the data directly. My concern is here, when user input the data directly to adjust the range, I want to only allow the legal data can be input.

Hope it's clear now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @hemingt ,

I am not getting the meaning of legal data.

What I have tried, If you input ilegal data say 1111
2019-04-11 13_56_07-Show data - Power BI Desktop.png

If you click on left slider, automatically it will pick the min date for that date variable.
Same behaviour with max date for date variable.

I am sure, there is no logic for validate legal data.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks,
Amit

Hi @Anonymous 

for your example, you range is ~2014, 

What I expect is do not let user to input such as 2015,2016.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @hemingt ,

I already tried this.
As per my previous reply, If user input any dates out of range values. Power BI slicer will not be able to detect this.
But, once the user click on left or right slider , it will give min and max values available in slicer as per date variable.

Regards,
Amit

thank you @Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @hemingt ,

This slicer is using the data from the dataset. Whatever the dataset value you have , it will show the ranges of dates either in List, Dropdown, Between, Less than or equal to and Greater tahn equal to.

For the particular date variable, whatever catergorical variable you will add, it will show list of dates from min to max present in the dataset.

Its a visual , used to slice and dice the data , hence not possible to allow valid input data. you can do search also, but it will filter only the data that catergorical variable has.
Here data is nothing but what the varibale having data for a particular dimension what you keep in Field section.

Thanks,
Amit

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.