Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jimmyswoosh
Advocate I
Advocate I

Is it possible to use a measure to display values in a table?

Hi Power BI Community,

I have multiple tables, for simplification, let's say I have two tables in the following format.

Created.PNGRoot.PNG

I also made a table with two values which is being used in a slicer:

Conversations Created, Conversations Root Comment

I want to use a table as a visual, with measure as a value.

Logic would be if I select "Conversations Created", the table should show values from the conversations created table and vice-versa for the other selection.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Decided to create summarize subset tables and put them in matrix table visual on a page.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the relationship module connect the relevant tables with the relevant columns.

It should work out of the box, as you described.

Ta

Thanks for the reply @Anonymous ,

I do have my relations setup. Apologies, I wasn't clear on what my issue is.

I have my main dataset, that has data on users, such as timestamp, comment message, comment type, state.

Comment Type could be the following:

• Article Child Comment
  • Article Root Comment
  • Conversation Child Comment
  • Conversation Root Comment
  • Created Conversation
  • Video Child Comment
  • Video Root Comment

Different states it can be in:

• Approved
  • Deleted
  • Pending
  • Rejected

What I want is to be able to see what the comment distribution is for each comment type. Meaning a summarized view, like a matrix table where the row is the max comments made by a user, and the column would be # of users who made that many comments. A slicer on the comment type would change what this table is filtered to. I couldn't achieve this from just using the main dataset so I decided to summarize the main table into sub tables for each comment type to have the desired output. Now I want to create a measure to return the selected table contents based on the slicer selection.

Example below:

*Note, this is sample data. I only provided 1 type of comment type ('conversations created') and 2 states ('approved', 'pending')

DesireResult.PNG

The orange table is the desired output. I have created summarized tables in that view for each comment type. Now I want a measure to return that table so I can visualize it in a table view. I'm just not sure how to write the DAX for it.

-Thanks

Decided to create summarize subset tables and put them in matrix table visual on a page.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.