Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BrendonHerbert
Regular Visitor

Is it possible to toggle on/off hidden report pages in Power BI Desktop

Hi all,

I know this is a bit of a weird request but I was wondering if anyone had found a way to toggle on/off report pages in PB Desktop.

Essentially I want to do something like this (fictitious obviously):

I have a report page containing a slicer for 3 businesses.. lets say

• Google
  • Microsoft
  • Apple

Then I have a report Page for different teams underneath

• Finance
  • Marketing
  • Technology
  • Corporate

So all up the PBIX file has five report pages.

Some teams are present for all companies but others aren't.  For example, Google doesn't have a marketing team and Microsoft doesn't have a Technology team. e.g.

• Google
    • Finance
    • Technology
    • Corporate
  • Microsoft
    • Finance
    • Marketing
    • Corporate
  • Apple
    • Finance
    • Marketing
    • Technology
    • Corporate

As such, I would like to somehow hide the report page for the missing team depending on which Company has been selected.

This is done in order to produce a PDF audit report targeted to the relevant business but utilising the same source data.

I was hoping to find a way using DAX or bookmarks somehow to show/hide the unused pages depending on the company selection so the report could be exported and then a different company selected etc.

If this is possible at all any pointers would be greatly appreciated

kind regards

Brendon

1 REPLY 1
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@BrendonHerbert 

Please refer the link.

Please refr the below links and vote for it.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34188712-rls-hiding-other-report-...

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/35607487-add-security-roles-for-s...

Based on the user votes, Product Gorup conider it as priority and come up with some solution in future.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.