Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gjakova
Post Patron
Post Patron

Is it possible to sort this X-axis issue on my scatterplot/schatterchart?

Hi there, I am facing the current problem:

This is the end result I would like to have:

Gjakova_0-1595293175624.png

But the problem is that the grades are automatically summarized. When I don't summarize it, I get an error. And it says that I need to remove one of my two values from the X-axis (which is important for me to have them both).

When I remove the two current measures on the X-axis and replace them with their period it looks like this:

Gjakova_1-1595293306152.png

This just doesn't look good and due to this, the scatterplot won't provide me with the right help. Is there a way to close these blank gaps?

Another sidenote to the first solution is this, if it is possible to not summarize them!

Gjakova_2-1595293370749.png

Now you can see all the dots (which is good!), but the problem is that I linked my X-axis to the index in order for it to make it possible to show. Since the X-axis in this way would be very confusing for the users (cause it won't make sense), I'm afraid this won't do the job either.

Does anybody know a good solution for the problem?

TL;DR: Basically I want look of the last picture with the X-axis of the first picture (with everything: Don't Summarize) is this possible?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Gjakova , Not fully sure I got it.

Create an index column and use that as details. That will display all dots.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45715963/creating-an-index-column-for-power-bi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Gjakova , Not fully sure I got it.

Create an index column and use that as details. That will display all dots.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45715963/creating-an-index-column-for-power-bi

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.