Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to reference or recreate the forecasts and bounds created through the Analytics pane?

In a line graph, through the Analytics pane, you can create a forecast line along with a confidence interval that will result in not only a line being created to project out a forecast but also a kind of funnel that will show you where the future values are likely to fall based on the confidence interval you set.  If you hover over this line on the chart it will show you not only the forecasted value but also the upper and lower bound of the confidence interval.  I would like to be able to display these projections on a card object.  Is there anyway using DAX or otherwise to capture or reproduce the forecast and bounds displayed in the chart when you hover over it? Is there a DAX function that represents what Power BI is doing to create these forecasts? If there is, that could be used to essentially recreate these numbers.  My understanding is that Microsoft does not make available the exact statistical models it uses to create these forecasts but I was hoping that maybe they have some function in DAX that could be used to calculate forecasts the same way that the forecasting feature under the Anaytics pane for the line graphs can do it.

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I wrote an article on correlation and forecasting a long time ago here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Correlation-Seasonality-and-Forecasting-with-Power-B...

Eventually that made it to this Quick Measure in the gallery:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/De-Seasonalized-Correlation-Coefficient/m-p/...

Might get you closer to what you are looking for. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.