Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to put an OR clause between two different page filters?

As an example, I want to filter a page to show orders where the customer name contains "key word" OR the product name contains "Key word"

In the advanced filter, I see that there is an option to add an or clause but only within the same filter. 

4 REPLIES 4
claymcooper
Resolver II
Resolver II

Is there a need to have it formatted as "key word" vs "Key word"? If not, you could change the values or replace them in the query editor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, unfortunately I have to keep it formatted the way it currently is. They need to be able to look at a complete list of orders that meet either of the criteria specified. The issue is that each criteria relies on filtering two different columns of data. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response. The "Key word"s will change though based on what the viewer wants to see. I need to provide the end user with a way of applying an OR clause between two page filters if that is somehow possible?

erothen
Frequent Visitor

Without seeing your data, my initial suggestion would be to create a new calculated column that indicates whether each row (order) should be included in the filter. Let me know if this solution works for you.

IfFiltered = IF(OR(CONTAINS('Table', 'Table'[Customer Name], "key word"), CONTAINS('Table', 'Table'[Product Name], "key word")), "Yes", "No")

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.