Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Giada_Togliatti
Post Patron
Post Patron

Is it possible to open a report that is situated in power bi cloud from power bi desktop?

Hi,

is it possible to open a report that is situated in power bi cloud from power bi desktop?

I have the yellow version of december 2020

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
iXpert_info
Helper II
Helper II

Hey @Giada_Togliatti 

You can download a report and then open it or you can connect to the Data source in Power BI but you cannot directly open Power BI Report from desktop.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-report-lifecycle-datasets

Did I Answer your question? Please mark this as solution

Thanks
Jay Patel
iXpert Analytics

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
iXpert_info
Helper II
Helper II

Hey @Giada_Togliatti 

You can download a report and then open it or you can connect to the Data source in Power BI but you cannot directly open Power BI Report from desktop.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-report-lifecycle-datasets

Did I Answer your question? Please mark this as solution

Thanks
Jay Patel
iXpert Analytics

Hi @iXpert_info ,

thank you for your reply.

Is it possiblle to download a report I created the first time in power bi cloud?

The download option is available only if I publish a report from power bi desktop but if I connect from a dataset in power bi cloud and I create a report for the first time I can't download it.

Hey @Giada_Togliatti

Sorry No you cannot download report created in Power BI Service.

Did I answer your question? Please mark this as solution.

Best Regards
Jay Patel
iXpert Analytics

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.