Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

matthijs-eigen
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to merge two PBIX files into one?

Hi all,

I have two PBIX Files, One pbix Report file Contains 2 pages and another pbix Report file contains 2 pages. They use the same data as input. 

Is it possible already to combine these two pbix files into one pbix File? Or do i just have to copy the visuals from one to another.

Kind regards,

Matthijs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @matthijs-eigen,

Yes, current you can't direct merge two pbix files to one.

For the copy/paste feature you mention, it required your files need have similar data models or this feature did not work.

Power BI Desktop November 2018 Feature Summary/#copyPaste 

If you want to copy them smoothly, you can open the pbix file with compress software and find out the underline M query. (xxxxx.pbix\DataMashup\Formulas\)
Then you can merge the queries to one and process on the target pbix file to generate the corresponding query tables.
After these steps, you can simply copy/paste visuals between the pbix files.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @matthijs-eigen,

Yes, current you can't direct merge two pbix files to one.

For the copy/paste feature you mention, it required your files need have similar data models or this feature did not work.

Power BI Desktop November 2018 Feature Summary/#copyPaste 

If you want to copy them smoothly, you can open the pbix file with compress software and find out the underline M query. (xxxxx.pbix\DataMashup\Formulas\)
Then you can merge the queries to one and process on the target pbix file to generate the corresponding query tables.
After these steps, you can simply copy/paste visuals between the pbix files.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@matthijs-eigen 

You cannot combine two PBIX files but you have to create separate pbix file from scratch (power query, datamodel etc) .

However you can make a single Dashboard in Service using multiple reports in single workspace.

Regards

Vijay Perepa

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Do you have any guide or steps anywhere published to do this? I am interested on exploring that option

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.