Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

powerbiasker
Helper IV
Helper IV

Is it possible to hide the Secondary Y axis for a line and stacked column bar?

I get the following line and stacked column bar. I would like to hide the secondary Y axis on the right. Is this possible?

10.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I am using the November 2019 version that just came out but it is available to everyone.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HLandry73
Frequent Visitor

I agree with Pirdim, changing the color to hide the axis is a bandaid not a solution and not really an acceptable solution for the reasons listed above.  Please add this simple setting.  

@HLandry73 

There is an idea submitted for this already but it needs votes in order to make it to production.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=7ef6c2e4-c4ad-4884-a325-795f014fe15e

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @powerbiasker ,

Is this problem solved?

If it is solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards
Icey

Hi,

This problem is not solved yet. I guess this is a bug for MS Power BI.

Why can't disable 'Show secondary':

• If disable 'Show secondary', get the following; you can see the orange line (for rate %) goes down to the x-axis and becomes meaningless...

11b.PNG

@powerbiasker 

Right you are, sorry.  The only thing I can think to do is change the text color on the secondary axis to match the chart background.

SecondaryAxis.jpg

Thank you.

But, I don't have the options that you have. Do you use an upgraded version of MS Power BI?

11c.PNG

I am using the November 2019 version that just came out but it is available to everyone.

Thank you.

I've updated the desktop to 11/11/2019, and it works.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Under the Y Axis formatting you can set "Show secondary" to Off

showsecondary.jpg

If this solves your issues please mark it as the solution. Kudos 👍 are nice too.

hi @jdbuchanan71 . this actually doesn't solve the problem and above the @powerbiasker pointed that out. When you try to disable secondary axis data will simply become useless as both column and line chart data now will be represented on same axis... As funny as it is - this problem still exist. And some time ago I posted similar issue with secondary axis which was eventually not answered: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Secondary-Axis-align-zero-option-is-not-working-properly-Lin...

Does setting the secondary axis label text color to white work for you?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Is-it-possible-to-hide-the-Secondary-Y-axis-for-a-line-and/...

hi @jdbuchanan71 , thanks for your reply. I saw your comment about white color and to be honest I was using same workaround previously. But as all workarounds it is missing smth. It helps to remove annoying numbers but it fails in 2 things: first of all - this secondary axis takes some space (color doesn't change) which is crucial for me. 2nd thing - this color approach doesn't work on mobile version if user has auto change of theme (dark mode). I would just prefer PBI team add simple possibility to hide numbers... that's it

Another banger . This issue was giving me problems 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.