Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

id013
Helper V
Helper V

Is it possible to have a clickable URL in a table that is in a tooltip

Hi,

So I have a tooltip that is using a table visualization to facility help text functionality. So basically I have a card visualization that on hover pops up a tooltip window. The tooltip itself is a table visualization. I know it's possible to embed a clickable url in a table but when I try to click the url when the tooltip comes up I can't seem to do it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-cherch-msft wrote:

Hi @id013 

Please check the workarounds in below post.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Hyperlink-in-tooltip-box/td-p/452601

Regards,

@v-cherch-msft 

I've just decided to employ a liberal use of bookmarks instead. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @id013 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution if you feel that makes sense. Welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Unfortunately no the workaround is not really what I was looking for. I did some further searching and I belive the problem I'm actually facing is that tooltips are non-interactive, even if they're customized using report tooltip pages. So basically no matter what I put in the report tooltip, the user will not be able to interact with it.

This has created multiple problems for me as:

A) the URL's I created can't be clicked 

B) The dynamic nature of the content means that if it exceeds the report tooltip page size and a scrollbar is enabled, the user will not be able to interact with said scrollbar

I think the main issue is if they are going to let us create custom tooltip pages it would be nice if we could interact with them and maybe control how long they popup for. I think I will have to resort to using another method to do what I want.

Thanks

v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @id013 

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-cherch-msft wrote:

Hi @id013 

Regards,

@v-cherch-msft 

I've just decided to employ a liberal use of bookmarks instead. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.