Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MangoJuice
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to have POWER BI version similar to MS Dynamics CRM on-Premise?

Hi There,

I am new to POWER BI. Since wokring in Healthcare field. As you might know eveything has to be local, nothing should be connected to outside world.

I would like to create a small demo dashboard with SQL Server Database of MS Dyanamics CRM connection with POWER BI, but same time I don't want that data to be sync on cloud or somewhere online , since is healthcare data. I would like to just have standalone application. 

Which Power BI product, I should use?

Thanks.

MangoJuice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
waltheed
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi MangoJuice,

Power BI Desktop is a perfect first choice for this scenario.

Certainly for the first phase, to figuire out what data to use and how to transform and display it.

In a later stage you can move the data model to an (on prem) tabular model on the sql server. You can keep the reports in a Power BI desktop file.

It will soon be possible to publish Power BI reports to an on-prem sql server. (this feature is currently in preview (requires sql 2016)). Then sharing with other (internal) colleagues is also possible.

Then you have a great on-prem Power BI solution.

HTH,

Cheers, Edgar Walther
ITsmart BI and Analytics consultant

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
waltheed
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi MangoJuice,

Power BI Desktop is a perfect first choice for this scenario.

Certainly for the first phase, to figuire out what data to use and how to transform and display it.

In a later stage you can move the data model to an (on prem) tabular model on the sql server. You can keep the reports in a Power BI desktop file.

It will soon be possible to publish Power BI reports to an on-prem sql server. (this feature is currently in preview (requires sql 2016)). Then sharing with other (internal) colleagues is also possible.

Then you have a great on-prem Power BI solution.

HTH,

Cheers, Edgar Walther

Thanks for your quick response!

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Cheers, Edgar Walther

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors