Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MangoJuice
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to have POWER BI on-premise?

Hi,

May be I or someone else have asked the same question before. for me it's still not clear and that's why asking it again.

We would like to use POWER BI as BI tool for our organization. We have Microsoft dynamics CRM in place which runs on SQL Server 2012 SE. 

Since we are healthcare company our MS Dynamics is on-premise and we are also looking for Power BI to be on-premise or something beind our firewall, where data of our patient stay on-site and still accessible by users throughout Country

We would like to create dashboard with important buisness insight and have user access those through the country but the same time we can't use MS Cloud since it's healthcare data.

Can someone please explain if it is possible and where do we start to test ?

Many Thanks in Advance!

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

It is in working, here is the idea you can vote for

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7948020-powerbi-reports-and-dashboard-on-premise-hosting

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

So as of now there is no such solution which we can implement to get the dashboard with Power BI.

The third party company who developed the whole CRM on-Premise solution are keep saying that reporting in DYNAMICS CRM is possible with Power BI...all the time..I doubt them actually!!

@MangoJuice as @parry2k outlines. Power BI On-premises will take the form of being integrated with SQL Server Reporting Services. There is currently a rough implementation where the PBIX files can be stored on the SSRS server, but the technical preview that parry linked is what is on the roadmap. This additional post by the SSRS team adds additional insight as to when these features may be available.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

There is also the Pyramid Analytics solution but I'm unsure of details here, I've just read it is an on prem environment for PBI.

Yes and no, did you looked at the other link in ideas whcih I sent you earlier, here it is for you

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlrsteamblog/2016/10/25/announcing-a-technical-preview-of-power-bi...

Basically PowerBI reports will be available under SQL Server Reporting services which can be on prem

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/dataplatforminsider/2015/10/29/microsoft-business-intelligence-o...

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.