Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Byte_me
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to find simmilar values between visuals?

Hello, all!

I have extremly large data set - 500k rows with 30+ columns. For the sake of this question let's assume that I need to use only two columns: Material_Name and Amount.
Material_Name is text, Amount is number (including values below zero)

I want to create Table1 (as visual) that will display me Material_Name and Amount (only values above 0)

And I want to create second Table2 (as visual) that will display me Material_Name and Amount (only values below 0).

Now, when I click on certain Material_Name in Table1 (visual) i want to be able to look for simillar names in Table2 and display them.

Is it possible?

My issue is that when Material is being replaced, it's Material_Name is not the same. It has arround 0,8-0,9 name simmiarity because Master Data owners change just couple of last letters.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Byte_me ,

You could try split.

1-1.PNG

You could get a number column and a text column. Then you can match the number part.

1-2.PNG1-3.PNG

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Byte_me ,

You could try LEFT() or RIGHT() function to truncate strings and compare them.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

maybe there is a function that will look for similar string? Not exact match

I don't know what how many letter are being attached. So Left() or right() function does not find use in my case.

But how can I compare them? I can't do it binary (exact match) I'm looking for something like fuzzy matching on visual level. Or fuzzy matching after user will pick filters and limit the data

Hi @Byte_me ,

You could try split.

1-1.PNG

You could get a number column and a text column. Then you can match the number part.

1-2.PNG1-3.PNG

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Not a ton of options in DAX for things like this, SEARCH, FIND. You will have to make sure that the visuals do not cross filter or otherwise filter each other. Could possibly create a table with the unique common names, that might help but tough to be sure without sample data.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.