cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taumirza
Helper IV
Helper IV

Is it possible to display another name for a field instead of its name in tooltips of a column chart

Hi All,

I have a column named FR_Revenue which is calculated Measure ('New Measure') on the Values section of the Column chart.

I want to dispalay Revenue instead of FR_Revenue in the tooltips.

Can i do it?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

@taumirza

As @Seth_C_Bauer said, it's not supported to replace data field with different name in visual. And currently, the only workaround is duplicating another one with different name. Please submit a feature request on Ideas: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi.

Regards,

@taumirza There is no functionality that I am aware of that allows you to replace the actual field names with different one's in the visual. Since this is a measure, you could just rename it. But I understand the need for, and would also like, a way to use different names in a visual.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors