Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

taumirza
Helper IV
Helper IV

Is it possible to display another name for a field instead of its name in tooltips of a column chart

Hi All,

I have a column named FR_Revenue which is calculated Measure ('New Measure') on the Values section of the Column chart.

I want to dispalay Revenue instead of FR_Revenue in the tooltips.

Can i do it?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@taumirza

As @Seth_C_Bauer said, it's not supported to replace data field with different name in visual. And currently, the only workaround is duplicating another one with different name. Please submit a feature request on Ideas: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi.

Regards,

@taumirza There is no functionality that I am aware of that allows you to replace the actual field names with different one's in the visual. Since this is a measure, you could just rename it. But I understand the need for, and would also like, a way to use different names in a visual.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.