Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EricHulshof
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Is it possible to design the GANTT chart?

Hey,

Im currently working on a GANTT Chart within Power BI and come across the following two issues.
First thing is i would like to remove the stripes of milestones in the visual. If that is possible. as you can see on the following image it is quite disturbing.
Knipsel.PNG

But as soon as somebody has even more projects it becomes a bad hacker movie screen full of stripes.

Knipsel2.PNG

I am also open to other GANTT visuals if they can do the same with the milestones. According to my research i did not find anything similar. 

Secondly i cant set colors of the milestones. The data of the milestones is linked to a table with project owners (although it is also the case when it is not linked.)
When i choose a project owner in my slicer and set one of the milestones to for example red:

Knipsel3.PNG

Then when i switch to another project owner the same milestone becomes the standard color again.

Naamloos.png

I tried setting the colors without any slicers active but that did not solve the problem. (Besides owners, i also have to set colors for each owners project if i have a slicer on that too)
The idea is to set it once and eveyone with that same MP code will have the same colors.

Below you find an example dataset to be able to reproduce the problem.  Datastructure is build like this because of this topic:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Gantt-Chart-2-2-0-milestones/td-p/800675

Project Ownerproject nameproject start dateProject finish dateMilestone
Employee 1Project 110-2-201925-9-2019 
Employee 1project 115-2-201915-2-2019Mp1
Employee 1Project 112-4-201912-4-2019Mp2
Employee 1Project 120-9-201920-9-2019Mp3
Employee 2Project 21-1-201931-12-2019 
Employee 2Project 225-7-201925-7-2019Mp2
Employee 2Project 228-7-201928-7-2019Mp3
Employee 1Project 325-4-201928-6-2019 
Employee 1Project 326-4-201926-4-2019Mp1
Employee 1Project 321-5-201921-5-2019Mp2

I use the Gantt 2.2.3 visual.

Thankyou

Quality over Quantity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

5 REPLIES 5
Murat
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Leave Milestones field empty in Fields Section, and add Milestone to your legend. 

Cons: Milestones won't be shown, when you collapse tasks up to parent. And it won't look as rhombus of course, but you can colour it as you want.
Capture.PNG                      Murat_1-1613262501039.png

SergioGuirreri
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello,

I have the same issue about the stripes of milestones that are disturbing the reading of the gantt. Did you find a solution about this ?

Thanks,

Sergio

Unfortuniatly not, i used a slicer to be able to hide and show the milestones. Users can now first narrow the ghantt down to something smaller before showing all milestones. 

Also all milestones are the same color/format because for each and every filter you need to chance that if you want it to work.

Quality over Quantity

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@EricHulshof are you using after market custom visual? You probably need to reach out to developer to get the clarification/asnwers.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k I use this visual from Microsoft:
https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380765?tab=Overview

Quality over Quantity

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.