Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vanessa
Post Patron
Post Patron

Is it possible to create a similar report/visual?

I want to create a visual/ table report with indicators like the following (the one highlighted in green). Is this possible??

report.png

13 REPLIES 13
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vanessa Unfortunately you have to do this in PowerPivot and then import to PBI

the feature is described here => https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-import-and-display-kpis/

KPIs.png

So ANYONE who wants to be able to create the KPIs inside PBI

Please Vote here

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/8276622-create-kpi-in-designer-fi...

In your screenshot, I'm seeing infront of one measure "traffice light" icon is displayed. How can this be achieved?

Hi, I'm trying to create traffic light indicator and I have data model already created using Powerviot.

After created data model using Powerviot, I have created KPI spreadsheet and this is loaded to PowerBI.

However, when I create table using data source loaded, it does not show traffic light indicator but showing "-1" or "1" value instead.

Can anyone let me know how should I go about this?

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sean, 

I have followed your instruction and created kpi in powerpivot. 
When I import to PBI desktop, the kpi (or the pivotpivot table) is not found. But when I import to PowerBI onilne, the kpi is there. 

May I know how to correct this?

Many thanks.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Are you using the latest version of the PBI Desktop?

2.34.4372.501 64-bit (April 2016)

If not you may have to turn on the Preview Features (see Vanessa's post and picture on Page 1)

@Sean

I tried the approach mentioned in the link, but I am not able to see the option Preview Features > Use KPIs from Power Pivot or SSAS Tabular in the Option and Setting tab. Is thia preview feature no longer available?

Preview Features.png

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vanessa It seems this feature has been enabled by default in the latest PBI - so don't worry it will work!

However don't forget you still have to create the KPIs in Excel PowerPivot and then import into PBI

@Sean

That worked. Thanks.

But after importing the excel sheet, all my earlier report pages have disappeared and not all tables/files have been migrated. Is there a reason for this? Do i need to recreate all the pages again?

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vanessa Yes the process is kind of frustrating.

Only Power View Excel Sheets get imported - and not even all Power View visualizations are supported.

That's why I encourage people to Vote and hopefully the PBI Team will get behind the Idea of KPIs inside PBI.

They just recently marked "Under Review" one of my Ideas - which will go great with KPIs

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/9207006-matrix-collapse-expand-bu...

So hopefully it's just a matter of time Smiley Happy

@Sean

I closed and re-opened my pbix file in which i imported the Excel sheet. But the KPI field is no longer available. Any idea about this?

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vanessa I have not encountered this but I'll see if can duplicate it tomorrow - will let you know...

its strange though??? Is the rest of your data still there and only the KPI Measure(s) gone?

@Sean

I deleted the file and created a new 1. I did not encounter the earlier issue. The KPI is available even after closing and re-opening.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vanessa are you after traffic light indicators in powerbi ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.