cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
avierywan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to create a column description, or a second name for a column?

I mean to create a column that has more than one name, or add a description for the column title itself. This is for large datasets with a huge number of columns; when column names are shortened, acronyms, a numerical identifier, or simply aren't self explanatory.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Is it possible to create a column description, or a second name for a column?

@avierywan,

Right-click on your field and select Properties, you are able to add description for the field.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Is it possible to create a column description, or a second name for a column?

@avierywan,

Right-click on your field and select Properties, you are able to add description for the field.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
avierywan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, I hadn't seen that option because I was using an older version.

puniyal New Member

Is there a way to automate adding the field descriptions either using an import or using M queries.?