Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ihsan
Regular Visitor

Is it possible to apply a URL filter to Publish to web report?

Hi everyone, 

I have a report that contains a list of office ID and UserId. I would like to publish to web it to embed it in private web site (company application) where client have their own private access.  

I would like the users to see only their own data and no other users' dates 

Is it possible to apply a URL filter to Publish to web report? like instead of choosing one user in my dropdown list, the user account would be chosen according to the OfficID and UserId of connection they are using to access the web page .

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ihsan here are great links to get you started, short answer is Yes

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/easily-embed-secure-power-bi-reports-in-your-internal-porta...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-url-filters

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Can you please share me an example? i do not need secued embed one, I need for "Publish to Web" URL? 

@ihsan look at the 2nd link which talks about url filter.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k  I sew it but I need spcificall Publish to web URL. I think the the second blog shows onlt for secured embed and Query String Parametr. if u can please show me sample Unsecred Link( publish to web) example.

thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.