Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

amybirc77
Helper I
Helper I

Is it possible to add a new column to a visualization table

Hi All,

I am adding some measures as Internal sales, external sales, internet sales. But the trick part is based on the measure i need to create a new column showing what is what , please see the attached excel sheet. I have tried Enter data and add columns, but that did not work. Also when I add the measures , they are coming as columns and not rows. The highlighted column is manually typed.

Please advice.

Capture816.PNG

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amybirc77 ,

Try the following way of adding a row record:

update =
VAR a =
    UNION (
        ROW ( "Type", "internal", "Sales", "300" ),
        ROW ( "Type", "external", "Sales", "450" )
    )
RETURN
    UNION ( 'Table', a )

vhenrykmstf_0-1661328982759.png

Or you can create the original data in excel, connect to this data source in powerbi, when the data in the excel table is updated, click the refresh button will update the latest data (this way regardless of the line or column data are not affected, but it should be noted that the data type of each column must be consistent).

vhenrykmstf_1-1661329151831.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amybirc77 ,

Try the following way of adding a row record:

update =
VAR a =
    UNION (
        ROW ( "Type", "internal", "Sales", "300" ),
        ROW ( "Type", "external", "Sales", "450" )
    )
RETURN
    UNION ( 'Table', a )

vhenrykmstf_0-1661328982759.png

Or you can create the original data in excel, connect to this data source in powerbi, when the data in the excel table is updated, click the refresh button will update the latest data (this way regardless of the line or column data are not affected, but it should be noted that the data type of each column must be consistent).

vhenrykmstf_1-1661329151831.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

kollasv
Helper I
Helper I

I am not sure if i understand your question correct or not, use matrix visualisation and add intrnet sales, external and internal sales in rows session and sales measures in column session, it may work

@kollasv thanks. But the columns highlighted do not exist in the CUBE i need to enter them manually and when I add the measures they are showing up next to other like two columns and not one underneath the other, like this screen shot

Capture816a.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.