Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

krichmond
Helper IV
Helper IV

Is it possible in Power BI to capture a number when a certain duration of time has passed?

Is it possible in Power BI to capture a number when a certain duration of time has passed and then calculate another number that simply shows the increase of that number after it was originally captured?

We have a response curve and we want to capture premium at the time the response curve hits maturity (Start Date + 180 Days). Then once that initial capture is done, we want to then track how many additional premium comes in afterwards.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@krichmond , Assume for ID You have Start date that can be find with min date

=

var _min = minx(allselected(Table), Table[ID] = earlier([ID]) ) , [Date]) +180

return

calculate(sum(Table[Value]), filter(Table, Table[Date] >= _min))

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

@amitchandak - For some reason I still cannot attach a file to any of my posts. Maybe I have to be a certain level within the community? Anyways, I saved a copy of me sample data out onto my DropBox account so you can grab it there. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7i1zsyz14ktqc3cuy1w4j/Sample-Data-For-Community-Post-11-15-2022.xlsx?...

The "Start Date" field is in column C and the "Actual Premium" field is in column AK. The unique record ID on this report is a combintation of "Job" in column H and "Version" in column I.

The clearest example I can give to make this easier to understand is detailed below. Please let me know if this makes sense after you have a chance to look at it. Thanks again for jumping in and lending a helping hand.

1.) Looking at job 14665, version 101.

2.) The "Start Date" is 1/1/2022.

3.) The "Actual Premium" is @$2,796.

4.) This record is fully mature because it is well past the 180 day response curve.

5.) However, for this example lets say that $2,567 of "Actual Premium" came in during the 180 day period after the "Start Date" and the remaining $229 of "Actual Premium" came in after the 180 day period after the "Start Date".

I think thinking that maybe this is the creation of two calculated columns where one shows the "Within 180 Days" and the other shows the "Outside Of 180 Days" and when combined they match the already existing "Actual Premium" column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.