Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harshaSampath81
Helper II
Helper II

Is it Refresh after Publish to Web(Embed)

Hi,

I want to know, After publishing to web(this publishing is not from Power BI desktop to Power BI Service, Here Publishing mean getting Embed code) some power BI report, is it refresh data through the gateway? I tested, first I created Report using power bi and published to Power BI Cloud from Power BI Desktop, After that, I went to that report and file  ---> Publish to the web as the following picture and copied that Url. so Now I again refreshed this Power bi Report through the gateway and copy this Url in the browser and check data is updated or not, unfortunately, data was not updated. 

Harsha

Captfdfure.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshaSampath81,

Based on my test, the report you have published to web could refresh after you have update your data source. How long did you wait for the web report to be updated? According to this official document, data refreshes are automatically reflected in your embedded report or visual. But it can take approximately 1 hour for refreshed data to be visible from embed codes. In your scenario, once the dataset is refreshed successfully, please check it again after one hour.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshaSampath81,

could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshaSampath81,

could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-danhe-msft 

it works now I got embed code after 1 hour of refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-danhe-msft I have the same problem, I updated the data, and refreshed and published to power bi services. It showed me that latest data dashboard on my screen, but the people whom I shared embed code does not see the latest data dashboard, so I thought they have to wait after ¸1 hour. 

I will let you know if it works. 

Thanks for the solution!! 

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshaSampath81,

Based on my test, the report you have published to web could refresh after you have update your data source. How long did you wait for the web report to be updated? According to this official document, data refreshes are automatically reflected in your embedded report or visual. But it can take approximately 1 hour for refreshed data to be visible from embed codes. In your scenario, once the dataset is refreshed successfully, please check it again after one hour.

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.