Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chross
Advocate III
Advocate III

Is anyone using the May 2020 release?

Hi all,

Is anyone using the May 2020 release? And if so, is anyone experiencing any issues?  I'm hesitant to download it as both March (release is caused reports to crash or freeze) and April (book mark context menu disappeared and couldn't update them) had issues that caused a lot of time wasted.  Let me know if you have any issues or if it's safe to download? 🙂

Thanks.

Cindy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@chross 

My team has been work with the May version, there is no crash or freeze found in the tests, everything worked fine. 

You can download the newest version here: 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

A couple of days ago, we started testing and working with the Jun version(not release yet), we will report any issues we met so Power BI team can improve the update for next version.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @chross I have the automatic update, and the only thing I have noticed to this day is that when opening the desktop asks you to log in if or if to see the information. Until now you could close the dialog sale from the beginning and still not log in, whereas now it forces you.

luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an issue with the login prompt for the PBI Service showing up once .pbix is loaded. Visuals don't show up although the outline is showing. Looks like it is files created with May version that are experiencing this issue as ones I created with April or earlier release are working fine and I don't get the login prompt.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No issues as far as I can tell....some settings have been added. My querying is VERY slow (even just renaming a reference table) and I'm not sure whether it's my query or the PBI update.

I ended up downloading the May release this morning.  Hopefully (fingers crossed) that I won't be sorry.  If I find any issues, I will create separate post(s).  Good to luck to my fellow users 🙂

With the April version I experienced a major delay to do anything in Power Query, it took time to load the data, tell us how this version goes because I am trapped in the April version since installing previous versions throws me error and does not open any of my pbix.

Best regards

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@chross 

My team has been work with the May version, there is no crash or freeze found in the tests, everything worked fine. 

You can download the newest version here: 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

A couple of days ago, we started testing and working with the Jun version(not release yet), we will report any issues we met so Power BI team can improve the update for next version.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@chross , I am auto-upgrade mode. So using for a couple of days. No major issue. But First time I have forcefully map city to city data category on a new data set. But yet see how it work for others. Did not see too many complains on the community till now

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Have been using it since yesterday, no issues thus far! (Well, nothing that wasn't working in April either)

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.