Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Shelley
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Is anyone else having an issue with the KPI Indicator custom visual

I always seem to have a challenge getting the KPI Indicator custom visual by Fredrik Hedenstrom to show the YTD # in the text and the monthly actual line plot, but so far, I've always been able to get it to work.

I recently upgraded Power BI to the latest version. Coincidentally, I have a situation now where I am trying to set this visual up exactly as I have the visual set up in another file and it does not work. I want to show YTD Orders vs Plan % in the text and plot each month’s total actual order $ on the line.

I add the visual to the page and then for Actual Value, add YTD Orders vs Plan %, and it shows the correct #. I then add the Target value measure which is = 1 or 100%. and now the visual colors appropriately. However, when I add the months for the trend axis, it flips the text to showing the latest month’s number and not the YTD.

I then add what should be a monthly calc of orders/plan, but it does not change the visual at all. I am using the same method I I have used in at least four other pbix files, but in this one, it doesn’t work – is there a bug, did something change, or am I missing something?

See below: The visual is showing the July performance at 31.7%, and not the total YTD at 38.6%.

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Shelley,

You may use DAX Studio to capture queries and leave a comment on GitHub.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.