cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Is Power BI Desktop updated automatically?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Is Power BI Desktop updated automatically?

You will get an Update Notification when launching Power BI Desktop and a new update is available. Clicking that notification will take you to the What's New list, from where you can download and install the new version.

Thanks,
M.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

You will get an Update Notification when launching Power BI Desktop and a new update is available. Clicking that notification will take you to the What's New list, from where you can download and install the new version.

Thanks,
M.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have selected the options to notify me when an update is available however a new update came out on the 2nd and I have not been notified. Is there somewhere other than under file>options>updates that I need to alter my settings?

Highlighted

No offence, but when you have 20 users needing updates to be applied each month, this is a pretty rubbish setup in my opinion. 

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

However, since updates can contain any number of changes, you wouldn't want to force an update which breaks something in an existing report.

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors