Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Irritating problem with ESRI maps

I have 1 500 points on my map, all in three contries, Sweden, Norway and Denmark. 99% of my locations are plotted on the right place, but there are an irritating few that are not, and I cannot figure out why.

On all locations I have used [City, Country] to qualify. Example: Jessheim, Norway

When I type that into Google maps, it will plot the location correctly, but in Power BI with the ESRI maps, it places it in Australia.... The place in Australia is called Norway, so in a way I guess it is right, but I want it also to use the City name Jessheim... So why does it work on 99% of the data, but not for these few...?

Any help would be deeply appreciated...

Esri.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous@Evogelpohl@Sean I can reproduce the issue in my environment. And I already report this issue internally, will back once get any feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
curtischong
Regular Visitor

Anyone has any update on this issue?  It shows resolved, but still see this issue.

When I use the PBI native map, it seem to locate all these cities in Denmark correctly. When I switch to use the ESRI map, it incorrectly maps one of the city to United States.2016-12-20_15-37-24.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous@Evogelpohl@Sean I can reproduce the issue in my environment. And I already report this issue internally, will back once get any feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

I hope the ArcGIS team developing the PBI visualization follows this forum or at least they scan for issues relating to their visual.

Clearly something is wrong here...

2016-10-04 - ARCGIS Test 2.png

EDIT: If you use City only in the Location the ArcGIS visual works fine - but now the PBI maps don't!

Now Berlin, Germany in the PBI Maps shows up in the US but Jessheim, Norway is fine...

2016-10-04 - ARCGIS Test 2a.png

@Anonymous As @Sean commented to another post, similar subject.  Something is odd. 

Below - I'm spelling out:  "Virginia Beach, Virgina" entirely - State not abbreviated and it lands in Austrialia.

This isn't expected from a GIS company like ESRI.  I don't riff on the PowerBI team as they are cranking out great stuff, quickly - but this is a rough release of mapping abilities to say the least. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 1.44.43 PM.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.