Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DJBrennan
Frequent Visitor

Irregular Monthly / Periodic Invoicing

Hi all,

I'm an analyst/consultant working for various clients in the area of procurement. One of our services is to provide the client with reports/dashboards showing usage and/ or charges by supply by month including all the usual time intelligence benefits like last month, last year comparisons etc....

I've begun to realise that I can't easily use standard months for comparison. An easy example is electricity bills. A bill from one supplier for Supply X may start at 01/06 and end on 310/06, a nice neat calendar month. Another supplier for Supply Y might send a bill covering usage from 12/06 to 11/07 or, perhaps a quarterly bill covering anything from 80-95 days (not very exact). I'm looking for some ideas as to how to "normalise" this data to allow reasonable month-on-month reporting. I hope this makes sense.

Many thanks in advance,

Denis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@DJBrennan

In your scenario, since each supplier may have different calendar, I suggest you use Time Intelligence functions like DATESINPERIOD() or DATESBETWEEN() to specify corresponding date range into CALCULATE() with current row start date. 

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@DJBrennan

In your scenario, since each supplier may have different calendar, I suggest you use Time Intelligence functions like DATESINPERIOD() or DATESBETWEEN() to specify corresponding date range into CALCULATE() with current row start date. 

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.