cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pedzilla Member

Invoke Function writtein in R

Hi there

I have very basic R script that I want to use to hash a string using SHA-1 and base64 encode 

Say that my string is HY8&V5EDJO8NYT9C2011-12-13T00:44:02ZTest123, I can write this in R and it outputs my new hash string

a = base64enc::base64encode(digest::digest("HY8&V5EDJO8NYT9C2011-12-13T00:44:02ZTest123", algo = "sha1", raw = T, serialize = F))

I want to convert this into function in PowerBI - please could you tell me what I need to do to acheive this?

Thank you so much

Ped

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Invoke Function writtein in R

Hi @Pedzilla,

I haven't found anything about directly invoke function which written in R script, you can try ImkeF's point of view if it works for you.

In addition, you can write a function which use to call the local R script, for example(load local R script and execute it)

let
    LoadLocalRScript = (file_path as text) as table =>
let
    Source = Csv.Document(File.Contents(file_path),[Delimiter=#(lf), Columns=1, Encoding=1252, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]),
    RScript =  Text.Combine(Source[Column1], "#(lf)"),
    output = R.Execute(RScript)
in
    output 
in
    LoadLocalRScript

For detial information, you can refer to below link:
Running Local R Scripts in Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

I don't know of any possibility for M to create hash strings.

But you can run your R-script in the Query Editor instead: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-r-in-query-editor/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Super User
Super User

In the Query Editor, you should be able to add an R Script step. It is the last icon on the right in the Query Editor.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Pedzilla,

I haven't found anything about directly invoke function which written in R script, you can try ImkeF's point of view if it works for you.

In addition, you can write a function which use to call the local R script, for example(load local R script and execute it)

let
    LoadLocalRScript = (file_path as text) as table =>
let
    Source = Csv.Document(File.Contents(file_path),[Delimiter=#(lf), Columns=1, Encoding=1252, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]),
    RScript =  Text.Combine(Source[Column1], "#(lf)"),
    output = R.Execute(RScript)
in
    output 
in
    LoadLocalRScript

For detial information, you can refer to below link:
Running Local R Scripts in Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
Pedzilla Member

@ImkeF hi there yes thats what I was getting at - if M could somehow "M" an "R" function Smiley Happy It would be cool actually