Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DanWMG

Invert Y Axis

Hi All,

I'm wanting to use Power BI for Google Analytics and website ranking reports. 

One of the crucial parts that I'm struggling with is the Rankings line graph. Basically, in order to make the graph look positive, I need to invert the Y axis so that 0 is at the top and 100 is at the bottom. (A position of 1 is the best)

I can't seem to find any way of doing this.. In Excel you would simply reverse the axis but this option doesn't seem to be available in PowerBi.

Could anyone advise on how this could be achieved? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

There is currently no option to invert the Y axis in your chart. Best workaround would be to multiply your values by -1.

Please leave a vote for this feature in our UserVoice forum:

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/category/91861-desktop

Thanks,
M.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

Thanks, @memocyp I did that already just was asking if there is any update. On the inverted Axis, BTW the link is not working for the ideas anymore. 

Best,

Jorge

itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I'm struggling with this too, seems to be a missing feature.

The only workaround I can think of is to create a measure that reverses the rank order then turn off the axis label. Not ideal but at least the graph should look right.

Hi,

There is currently no option to invert the Y axis in your chart. Best workaround would be to multiply your values by -1.

Please leave a vote for this feature in our UserVoice forum:

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/category/91861-desktop

Thanks,
M.

Hi guys,

Are there any updates on this? The feature still doesn't seem to be available and the idea page seems to have disappeared and I am unable to vote.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this been solved yet I want to start on 0 and have the top y at -4000

Just adding my vote that the ability to invert/reverse the Y axis on a Line graph is critical for analysis that we are performing too.

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors