Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DanWMG Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Invert Y Axis

Hi All,

I'm wanting to use Power BI for Google Analytics and website ranking reports. 

One of the crucial parts that I'm struggling with is the Rankings line graph. Basically, in order to make the graph look positive, I need to invert the Y axis so that 0 is at the top and 100 is at the bottom. (A position of 1 is the best)

I can't seem to find any way of doing this.. In Excel you would simply reverse the axis but this option doesn't seem to be available in PowerBi.

Could anyone advise on how this could be achieved? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator mllopis

Re: Invert Y Axis

Hi,

There is currently no option to invert the Y axis in your chart. Best workaround would be to multiply your values by -1.

Please leave a vote for this feature in our UserVoice forum:

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/category/91861-desktop

Thanks,
M.

10 REPLIES 10
itchyeyeballs Established Member
Established Member

I'm struggling with this too, seems to be a missing feature.

The only workaround I can think of is to create a measure that reverses the rank order then turn off the axis label. Not ideal but at least the graph should look right.

Moderator mllopis

Hi,

There is currently no option to invert the Y axis in your chart. Best workaround would be to multiply your values by -1.

Please leave a vote for this feature in our UserVoice forum:

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/category/91861-desktop

Thanks,
M.

sam_mcneill New Member

Just adding my vote that the ability to invert/reverse the Y axis on a Line graph is critical for analysis that we are performing too.

thanks

Jmenas Member

Hi @mllopis,

Have they implemented this? if yes where can you do it? 
Is there a custom visual that can do the same? 

Best,

Jorge

memocyp Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

There is no solution as of now but you can do it by multiplying your Y-axis dimension with -1 and call it [dimension name (inv)] or something like this.

Jmenas Member

Thanks, @memocyp I did that already just was asking if there is any update. On the inverted Axis, BTW the link is not working for the ideas anymore. 

Best,

Jorge

mussol_ Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi DanWMG

I have the same problem and, although it is not the ideal solution, I added to the chart two lines, one as a Maximum Value and the other with the minimum Value and I called them as "WORST" and BEST". The Visual looks like the image. Hope it will help you. Regards, Josep

Captura.PNG

inc111 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys,

Are there any updates on this? The feature still doesn't seem to be available and the idea page seems to have disappeared and I am unable to vote.

Thanks,

AskeReitz Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor