Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Invert Y-Axis on Line Graph

Dear All, 

I have a Line Graph that I would like to invert the values on y-axis. It is the graph where 1 is the best and the higher the number, the worse the performance of the application is.

As found in other threads, I multiplied the number by (-1) to invert the y-axis but the graph doesn't make any sense if I put the data label as all the numbers are negative. 

Is there a workaround solution for this solution? Is there a way to make the data label positive in the graph

Negative Ranks.PNG

Many thanks in advance for your time and support. It is very much appreciated. 

Best regards,

Trang 

14 REPLIES 14
benfang
Regular Visitor

Custom formatting is now allowed (so we can show positive values as negative and vice versa), eg -#.##;#.##

danno
Resolver V
Resolver V

Not as far as I can see.  The only way I could think of would be to convert the values into some kind of relative score where the maximum value is 100% where the score is the closest to zero.  the value would be 0% where the value is the highest out of the set. 

@Anonymous if the graph looks as per your expectation and only issue is with data label, you can turn off data label and create tooltip to show positive value. That might be another workaround

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @parry2k , thank you very much for your response, do you know how to create the tooltip to show positive value? I am not an expert in DAX so any suggestion would be really great! 

@Anonymous are you open to share pbix file if doesn't contain any sensitive information and I can add the tooltip.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @parry2k , indeed that our pbix file contains some sensitive information.. do you know if there is another way? otherwise i can try to create a dumbo pbix file? 

@Anonymous i can try to explain it here but if you can create a dummy pbix that will be quick.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k actually it might take me quite a while to create the dumbo file 😞 I would really appreciate if you could help me to explain here

@Anonymous understood, here is the link which explains how to create tooltip and on tooltip page you can measure with positive value. It is pretty straight forward.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k I haven't seen the link anywhere yet, could you please try to paste it again?

@Anonymous sorry about that, here it is again

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @parry2k  let me try this solution and i will get back to you if it works. Cheers! 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you worked it out? If so, please kindly mark the helpful reply as an answer so that it can benefit more users.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I have the same issue please let me know how have you resolved it

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.