Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

trdoan
Helper III
Helper III

Invert/Reverse Trend Chart?

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to reverse the chart below so the line is trending downward? Here is the link to the pbi file.

Capture.JPG

Can anyone please advise if it is possible to reverse the trend line? Thanks a lot!!! 

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@trdoan ,

Click the ellipse on the right-top hand of line chart, then click "sort descending".

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuta-msft , thanks for your advice but it isn't quite what I was expecting.

It does trend downward, however, the start month is February 2019 and goes backward to 2018, which is a bit confusing for anyone trying to mull over how this chart works.

I don't know if this piece of information is important but this Turn-around-time chart has this sort of logic: my firm considers an increase in TAT a bad impact on the business and from the chart you can see all numbers are negative and starting from May 2018, it keeps increasing (negative numbers getting closer to 0), which is obviously not a good trend, bad at the very least.

Is there a DAX expression that is able to ignore the negative sign during the computation (which I think is easier to set the chart to trend downward) but still can show the negative sign in the chart?

Apologise if all of this logic confuses you. Let me know if this is possible and if you have any suggestion how to go about this. Thanks a lot!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.