Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GEO_Kyle
Regular Visitor

Invert/Reverse Axis on Line Chart

Hello, Is it possible to invert or reverse an axis for a Line Chart? I currently have a Line Chart with the X axis starting with the oldest dates, but I would like for it to start with the newest dates.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @GEO_Kyle, On the chart top bar you will find 3 dots (...) click on it and you can choose the sort order in wich you want to have your data, in this case you should select first the Dates and then the descending order. Check this documentation. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-change-sort Regards, MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@GEO_Kyle,

Besides, in the Format section of the Visualizations pane, expand the X-Axis card and change the Type option from Continuous to Categorical.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Stewart_DM
Frequent Visitor

Easiest way is to click the three dots in top right corner of the visiual, click 'sort axis' and chose your preferred ascending/descending option.

Stewart_DM_0-1659622498591.png

Sorbent4
Frequent Visitor

Invert the y-axis

For line, bar, column, area, and combo charts, you can invert the y-axis, putting positive values going down and negative values going up.

• Select the visual. In the Format pane, expand the Y axis section. Slide Invert axis to On.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@GEO_Kyle,

Besides, in the Format section of the Visualizations pane, expand the X-Axis card and change the Type option from Continuous to Categorical.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @GEO_Kyle, On the chart top bar you will find 3 dots (...) click on it and you can choose the sort order in wich you want to have your data, in this case you should select first the Dates and then the descending order. Check this documentation. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-change-sort Regards, MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.