Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
spidione Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Inventory turnover by month

Hello guys,

I need some hep, I m stuck. I try to create an monthly inventory turnover and monthly change %.

DateAmountBalance
11/01/2016100100
12/01/2016200300
01/01/201750350
02/01/2017100450
03/01/2017500950
04/01/20171001050

I've managed to created Balance column.

Balance = CALCULATE( SUM(Table[CostAmountTotal]), FILTER(  ALLSELECTED(Table[Period]),  ISONORAFTER(Table[Period], MAX(Table[Period]), DESC)))

But I'm not able to calculate monthly change %.I don't know how to make an reference to previous period.

Any  hints are usefull

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Re: Inventory turnover by month

Hi @spidione,

Assume the same data has two columns Date and Amount as you mentioned, we can create below calculated columns: 

Balance = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Amount]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Date]<=EARLIER('Table'[Date])))

MonthlyChange% = var premonth=CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Amount]),FILTER('Table',EARLIER('Table'[Date])=DATEADD('Table'[Date],1,MONTH)))
return 
DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Amount])-premonth),premonth)

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
4 REPLIES 4
Joorge_C Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

You will need something like:

DATEADD(Calendar[Date},-1MONTH)

That -1 MONTH will be the interval to substract so you can get to the previous period of whatever Calendar[Date] you give.

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @spidione,

Assume the same data has two columns Date and Amount as you mentioned, we can create below calculated columns: 

Balance = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Amount]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Date]<=EARLIER('Table'[Date])))

MonthlyChange% = var premonth=CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Amount]),FILTER('Table',EARLIER('Table'[Date])=DATEADD('Table'[Date],1,MONTH)))
return 
DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Amount])-premonth),premonth)

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
spidione Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

thanks.

EARLIER function is very good.

spidione Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft

Solution is working well, but I have a small problem.

The table is a summarized tabled calculated from a lot of transactions using summarize function.

In detail table I have a column , Category.

How to make possible to filterby this column and summarized table to be filtered ?