Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FRG
Resolver I
Resolver I

Inventory report by date

Hi everybody,

I work with a inventory software and I want a report to follow this inventory monthly. I made it but I can only follow it live using another date column in another table which is "received batch" date. I want to be able to come back in the last month to see what the inventory looked like at this time.

In a table I have all the products with a column for the date of entry in the inventory (InDate) end another column for the date of expedition (OutDate) of each products (2099-12-31 if its still in inventory).

I dont know how to do it and what kind of filter (or slicer) I have to use in my visual.

Thanks

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @FRG,

Not very clear about your requirement. What is your desired output with above sample table?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry about that...

I want to be able to choose a date in my visual to filter the report. For each products I have a date of entry in the inventory and a date of release. By choosing a date in the visual, I want to see the product that were still in the inventory at this moment. 

EX: if I choose the 1st of august in my visual, I need to see the products with the InDate before 1st of august AND the OutDate after 1st of august.

Hope its clearer!

Thanks

Hi @FRG,

Please first create a calendar table which is unrelated with above actual data table. Add date field from this calendar table into slicer.

DimDate =
CALENDAR ( MIN ( ActualTable[InDate] ), MAX ( ActualTable[OutDate] ) )

Create below measure:

SelectedDateValue =
SELECTEDVALUE ( DimDate[Date] )

Measure1 = IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( ActualTable[InDate] ) <= [SelectedDateValue] && SELECTEDVALUE ( ActualTable[OutDate] ) >= [SelectedDateValue], 1, 0 )

I think you would use a Table visual to display data from actual table. Then, click this table visual, add [Measure1] to visual level filter, and set its value to 1.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.