Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jeffrey_fuji
Frequent Visitor

Inventory Estimation where Material Fcst will be subtracted from batches in order of expiry date

Hi,

I am trying to do an inventory estimation calculation:  Current Inventory - Forecast = Estimated Inventory. 

The forecast is  done per material.  The inventory of a material is allocated over several batches, that have an expiration date. 

I currently have the calculation on material level. 

However,I want to do a calculation on batch level: where the Forecast will be subtracted from the batches in order of their  expiration date.

Below you will find the desired situation, how it currently looks in Power BI and some screenshots of the data set and model.

Hopefully someone knows a solution. Thanks!

Desired situation

Capture.PNGForecast dataForecast dataStock dataStock dataModelModelCurrent situationCurrent situation

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @jeffrey_fuji,

Can you please provide more about your measure formulas? I'm not so clear for your measure formulas.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.