Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tristenc Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Invalid JSON - OLE DB or ODBC error

Hello,

I am attempting to access data from Azure DevOps through an OData feed. When I try to "close & apply" my query, I'm receiving the following message:

"OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] OData: Invalid JSON. Unexpected end of input reached while processing a JSON string value.." 

Is anyone aware of the reason why this happens or how to fix it? I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling PBI, but no luck (using the 64-bit desktop version). I appreciate the help!

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Invalid JSON - OLE DB or ODBC error

@tristenc ,

The information is very limited. You may try to do research into The Advanced Editor.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft 

Unfortuantely that is all the information that the error provides. Is there any other information that would help answer the question?

MilkTea Member

Did you find any solution yet? i have the exact same problem.

Frequent Visitor

No - I still get this error on a regular basis. I've been doing some online searching, but no luck yet. I seem to have better luck when dealing with smaller data tables from the same source, but that is fairly inconsistent, so I'm not sure if there's a correlation between data size and this error frequency. 

MilkTea Member

Same here, after i added filters and removed a couple rows/columns i get it less frequent.