Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interactivity across report pages

Hi all,

long story short: I am looking for a way to have interactivity between report pages.

As by now interactivity works on page-level, but I would like to have it on report-level: Like when I click Category A in a visual on page one, I want not only the other visuals on page 1 to show me the Values for A, but rather also the visuals on page 2, 3 etc...

Would significantly improve the user experience for my project.

Maybe anyone knows how to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
timg
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi TST_BY,

Below you'll see a visual reference for what you're looking for:

1. open the sync slicers panel from the "View" tab
  2. select the slicer that you would like to apply on multiple pages (in my example I want to be able to filter countries over multiple pages)
  3. next, in the slicer panel on the right you can select which pages need to be filtered by your slicer (the first checkbox) and you can select on which pages the slicer needs to be visible for users (the "eye" checkbox)

Based on the country I select in the slicer, all selected pages will now be filtered

syncslicers.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
timg
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi TST_BY,

Below you'll see a visual reference for what you're looking for:

1. open the sync slicers panel from the "View" tab
  2. select the slicer that you would like to apply on multiple pages (in my example I want to be able to filter countries over multiple pages)
  3. next, in the slicer panel on the right you can select which pages need to be filtered by your slicer (the first checkbox) and you can select on which pages the slicer needs to be visible for users (the "eye" checkbox)

Based on the country I select in the slicer, all selected pages will now be filtered

syncslicers.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @timg,

yeah, but I wanted to go further than that, meaning no slicers but just clicking on one visual filters other pages to this category... If I'd do this with slicers I'd need at least 20 of them and thats not really user-friendly:/

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

You can achieve interactivity with slicers between pages. When you copy and paste a slicer from one page to another you will notice the pop up window.

Now if you want interactivity between pages using visuals and not slicers, im not sure if this can be done.

I can see that there is an idea still active

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=ddf9eed1-aad7-49e3-8886-1f8489533671

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @themistoklis thanks for your answer! Unfortunately that PowerBi doesn't have this feature... anyway much thanks for your time!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.