Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jpodBerlin
Frequent Visitor

Interactive filtering treemap

Hello,

my first post.

I am using two charts. One bar and one treemap chart. When filtering interactively by pressing one bar in the chart, the treemap's content adopts to this action.

The treemaps ractangles keep the same size (without filtering) and the filtered content is shown as part of the original size.

Is it possible, to let the treemap fully adopt to the filtered data? No transparent part in treemap, but completely filled with the now selected/filtered data?

Thanks in advance

Two screenshots might be helpful:

treemap filter 1.PNGtreemap filter 2.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's weird. I can get it to work on my PC. I mean I can press the bar chart and get the filtering mechanism on the treemap.

A pie chart is still a good solution nevertheless.

Don't forget to accept a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Meanwhile I've found the solution. This is obviously included since november 2015.

Edit interactions.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-service-visual-interactions/

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jpodBerlin

As far as I'm aware, you can't do this per se.

You can try with this measure: and plot it in the tree map: 

Sum Value = IF(HASONEFILTER(Table[Category]);CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Value]);ALLEXCEPT(Table;Table[Category]);SUM(Table[Value]))

Let me know how it goes.

Best,

Martin

Hello Martin,

thanks for the swift answer. I've tested it.

However, it shows an error (I try to translate in English). I hope I've transmitted the formula correctly.

"the function of type 'SUM' is used in a TRUE/FALSE expression, which serves as table filter expression. this is not allowed'

But the answer, it is generally out of box possible is helpful.

Matthias

treemap filter 3.PNG

Hello Martin,

the measure is now valid. However,  it is the same result (image: left with new measures, right the original object).

The problem is, the numbers have to adopt to the filter expression (here: 2017), but interactive filtering from charts keeps the size and just provides subsets. So it is not so easy to identify relative changes.

I will recommend my colleague to use a pie chart. And after filtering to enlarge the filtered result. Not perfect, but here it is better to identify changes in relations. And there is still a table possible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's weird. I can get it to work on my PC. I mean I can press the bar chart and get the filtering mechanism on the treemap.

A pie chart is still a good solution nevertheless.

Don't forget to accept a solution and give kudos.

Meanwhile I've found the solution. This is obviously included since november 2015.

Edit interactions.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-service-visual-interactions/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jpodBerlin

I messed up a paranthesis. Try this:

Sum Value = IF(HASONEFILTER(Table[Category]);CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Value]);ALLEXCEPT(Table;Table[Category]));SUM(Table[Value]))

Let me know how it goes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.