Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ged
Helper I
Helper I

Interactive drill-down

I searched exhaustively, but did not manage to find an answer, hence, I hope I'm not repeating a question here. 

Situation:

I have my report with multiple visualizations and matrix tables. Example below: I set all my interactions and they work as they should be. However, this one part appears not to work.

If I select my month bar (1), this filters out my matrix table on the right correctly. So far so good.

But when I try drill down (2) on any of the items in my now-filtered matrix table, my month gets unselected (filter is removed).

Drill down.png

This does not happen with the Show Next Level and Expand to Next Level functions though.   Only with the 'Drill-down' option.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ged

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ged,

The fix will be released around 10/12/2017. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Thanks for this. Just a recheck? 10/12/2017 you meant dd/mm or mm/dd? As I already received questions from my business users re this functionality.

Furthermore, I think it can be bucketed under the same question. Let us say this is re 'interactivce inter-filtering across numerous sections' 

Situation

I currently present my summarised P&L accounts. The user is able to isolate their month (1) which in turn filters out the product and location dimensions. So far so good.

However, what I want to do together:

1. To be able to select my month (all good). 

2. Then select my biggest variance contribut in my now-filtered product matrix WITHOUT LOSING my previous month selection (my primary month selection is lost here if I click on anything in my product matrix).

3. This, subsequently, should filter out my location matrix futher for that particular month and that particular product. 

Drillability.JPG

I understand that it can get ambigous - what filters out what in which case, but I see that is a lack of functionality. This would IMMEDIATELY cut down on the time spent doing our var analyses.

Thanks

Ged

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ged,

I have reported this issue internally. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.