Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jackofall
Resolver I
Resolver I

Interactive directed flow graph

Hi.
I'm trying to fidle around with this graph and watched the video https://youtu.be/AHNlkjRFdYI

I tried to make a small data sample that would fill the prereqs numeric caseid, activity and timestamp. I guess i miss enough information about how my sample data need to look. I fail both using datetime and time in the Timestamp-field.

'Can't display this visual' R script error Warning messages there is no package called XML.

Any more information would be appreciated.

Skärmklipp.PNG

My data looks like;

case, activity, datetime, time

1000, first, 2019-01-06 07:35:14, 07:35:14

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, some packages are missing. The package is downloaded and checked finally. You can ignore the detail and watch the installation result.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jackofall,

There could be two possibilities. If the packages are missing, please refer to 1 in the snapshot below. If the packages are already installed, please refer to 1 in the snapshot below.

Interactive-directed-flow-graph

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Doh, I had not run the install bit. Temporary storage = C:\Users\xyz\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\RPBI

R Settings.xml use that path in ROutputDirectoryOverride

After the succeded install of the package I still get the error message about not loading.
"Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2019-01-09T06:31:32.6560687Z

Local Time:
2019-01-09T07:31:32.6560687+01:00

Session ID:
ff090ab0-fbbb-4e3b-b616-b78139c99adb

Release:
December 2018

Product Version:
2.65.5313.621 (18.12) (x64)

Error Message:
R script error.
Loading required package: XML
Warning messages:
1: In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE,  :
  there is no package called 'XML'
2: In libraryRequireInstall("XML") :
  *** The package: 'XML' was not installed ***
Loading required package: htmlwidgets
Warning messages:
1: In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE,  :
  there is no package called 'htmlwidgets'
2: In libraryRequireInstall("htmlwidgets") :
  *** The package: 'htmlwidgets' was not installed ***
Loading required package: plyr
Warning messages:
  there is no package called 'plyr'
2: In libraryRequireInstall("plyr") :
  *** The package: 'plyr' was not installed ***
Loading required package: lubridate

Attaching package: 'lubridate'

The following object is masked from 'package:base':

date

Loading required package: visNetwork
Warning messages:
  there is no package called 'visNetwork'
2: In libraryRequireInstall("visNetwork") :
  *** The package: 'visNetwork' was not installed ***
Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called 'plyr'
In addition: Warning message:
In if (!is.na(ymd_hms(ev$time))) try(ev$time <- lubridate::ymd_hms(ev$time)) :
  the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used
Error in visNetwork(nodes = data.frame(id = character(0)), edges = data.frame(from = character(0)),  :
  could not find function "visNetwork"
Execution halted

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0 (x64 sv-SE)

CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 461808]

Peak Virtual Memory:
38.5 GB

Private Memory:
508 MB

Peak Working Set:
650 MB

IE Version:

User ID:
ea47aa81-d5c5-4d53-a9f8-9ccfc97df985

Workbook Package Info:
1* - sv-SE, Query Groups: 0, fastCombine: Disabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: True.

Telemetry Enabled:
True

Model Default Mode:
Import

Snapshot Trace Logs:
C:\Users\vinlen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\FrownSnapShot1061487751.zip

Performance Trace Logs:
C:\Users\vinlen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\PerformanceTraces.zip

Disabled Preview Features:
PBI_shapeMapVisualEnabled
MIntellisense
PBI_SpanishLinguisticsEnabled
PBI_PdfImport
PBI_ColumnProfiling
PBI_variationUIChange
PBI_PythonSupportEnabled
PBI_showIncrementalRefreshPolicy
PBI_showManageAggregations
PBI_FuzzyMatching
PBI_EnableWebDiagramView
PBI_improvedFilterExperience
PBI_qnaLiveConnect

Disabled DirectQuery Options:
PBI_DirectQuery_Unrestricted
TreatHanaAsRelationalSource

Cloud:
GlobalCloud

DPI Scale:
100%

Supported Services:
Power BI

Formulas:

section Section1;

shared #"Sheet1 (2)" = let
    Source = Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("C:\Users\vinlen\Documents\Power BI\Test flöde.xlsx"), null, true),
    Sheet1_Sheet = Source{[Item="Sheet1",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
    #"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Sheet1_Sheet, [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"case", Int64.Type}, {"activity", type text}, {"Timestamp", type datetime}}),
    #"Duplicated Column" = Table.DuplicateColumn(#"Changed Type", "Timestamp", "Timestamp - Copy"),
    #"Extracted Time" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Duplicated Column",{{"Timestamp - Copy", DateTime.Time, type time}})
in
    #"Extracted Time";

shared Sheet2 = let
    Source = Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("C:\Users\vinlen\Documents\Power BI\Test flöde.xlsx"), null, true),
    Sheet2_Sheet = Source{[Item="Sheet2",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
    #"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Sheet2_Sheet, [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Source", type text}, {"Target", type text}, {"Value", Int64.Type}})
in
    #"Changed Type";

shared #"log pbi" = let
    Source = Csv.Document(File.Contents("C:\Users\vinlen\Documents\Power BI\log pbi.csv"),[Delimiter=";", Columns=9, Encoding=1252, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]),
    #"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Source, [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"pk", Int64.Type}, {"title", type text}, {"arendeNo", Int64.Type}, {"arendenr", type text}, {"processStatus", type text}, {"processStatusDate", type datetime}, {"created_at", type datetime}, {"updated_at", type datetime}, {"fk", Int64.Type}})
in
    #"Changed Type";"

Skärmklipp.PNG

Seems my environment is not set up properly before I loaded the package?

Yes, some packages are missing. The package is downloaded and checked finally. You can ignore the detail and watch the installation result.

Best Regards,
Dale

Hi @Jackofall,

Did you have these packages installed? It seems they are really missing.

Best Regards,
Dale

OK. I totally misunderstood the error message. /facepalm

I had to load ALL of the packages in the error message. Once I did that I got No activity or bad input log in my tile. Happy camper!

Now I can set out to find me som proper log data and move on.

Thank you and have th best of days @v-jiascu-msft

Hey, am getting No activity or bad input log. How to fix this? I just followed the entire thread

Hello,

Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I'm still stuck on the no activity bad input log on the Power Bi Desktop.

Any help would be greately appreciated.

Yes. When I did the same thing all over again, loading one package at a time it finally worked. The installation process gives bad support so read every thing with attention. Write down the packages names, install them manually one at a time in the console window.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.