Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interactive dashboard

I created a matrix with a double hierarchy (one on the rows and another on the columns). In this matrix the parent values are autmatically calcutaled starting from the members.

I would like to creare an interactive dashboard where a person could change one of these values and see what happens (both on parents and members). If I change a member value, I want to see what is changing in the parent value based on the herarchy. If I change a parent value I want to see what happens on the members based on a rule. The rule could assign the value to the member based on the previous proportion:
old parent : old value = new parent : new value (new value = new parent/old parent*old value). Is that possibile in any way?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

So you requirement is to achieve the "new parent", "new value" based on the selected cell like "old parent", "old value", right? I'm afraid this can't be achieved in matrix visual, you may create a slicer and use DAX function like SELECTEDVALUE() to achieve the selected value.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

A slicer isn't showing me the fields as i wish. For example I can't see a double hierarchy: one for the column and one for the rows. Furthermore I want to see the value associeted to the interesection of the rows and columns and a matrix is the only way I know to do that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.