Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anil
Helper III
Helper III

Interactive Drill Down Visual Dashboard

Hi all,

I am trying to build an interactive dashboard, but facing an issue. I have three  views in the dashboard as shown below,

as.JPGwhen I click on region, the remaining views are getting effected, but when I am selecting the filted part of the region in the sales by category view, its going back to the whole views insted of the filted view by region.

2.JPGWhat I need is the drill down view of the filterd sales category by region, to be shown in the sub category view.

3.JPGIs it possible to do so? If its is please help me out.

5 REPLIES 5
Twan
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

If I am understanding your question correctly I beleive this is possible through Edit Interactions options.

1. First click the Edit Interactions button in the Home ribbon.
    1. Edit Interactions.PNG
  2. Then click on the region visualization like shown in your firs picture.  
  3. Then change interaction between region and subcateogry from Highlight to Filtered.  This is done by clicking on the filter icon in the top right of the subcategory visualization.  I put a red arrow next to where to do this in the picture below.
    1. changeToFilter.JPG
  4. Now when a region is highlighted it should drill into the subcategory and show the filtered version of the donut chart instead of the highlighted version.

Let me know if this is what you are trying to accomplish!

calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

When you are in Edit Interactions, you are no longer in the dashboard, right? The problem I'm facing too is that the drill down functionality is not enabled in the dashboard.

Hi Twan,

Thank you for the reply, I have tried edit interactions, but when I clik on sales category view to filter sales sub-category.Its not filtering based on the filtered region in the sales category, its filtering by all regions in the sales category.

Thank you

Regards, Anil Kumar.

I think what you are trying to do is not possible right now with Power BI.  Normally you could do something like ctrl + clicking different charts to cross filter each of the different charts based on what you clicked.  Here is an ideas post you can upvote that would add that functionality.

What could work for now is if you put slicers on the canvas for Region, Category and Subcategory.  Then use the slicers for cross filtering instead of clicking on the charts.

Help me , how to attach Power BI report?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.